Would you like to
- improve comprehension and deepen thinking and understanding in science?
- increase your understanding of the reading and language demands of science books and materials?
- develop pupils’ skills and strategies for critical reading in science beyond the conventional information skills?
- select the best books and materials to support the science curriculum and to encourage your pupils to read science for pleasure?
This research-informed course focuses on the specific demands of literacy in science with particular emphasis on high-quality dialogic teaching and reading. The course has been developed with partner schools and video material of classroom practice is used extensively throughout.
Cost for an Individual is £200 +VAT and you will get the following:
- A term’s access to the training course
- Individual login for one teacher
- A set of 5 nonfiction books RRP 49.91
- Certificate of completion on submission of all gap tasks
**2 for 1 for teachers until the 1st July**